Bonus Link Dump Friday:
Spot the Difference Edition
You're one of those people, aren't you? A nitpicker. No, no, don't try to deny it. We can just tell these things. There's something about you, a certain je ne sais quoi that says, "I like to scrutinize two similar images and pick out tiny little differences between the two until my eyes give out from strain!" It's been a burden to you, hasn't it? Well, be burdened no longer, gentle reader, for there is a place in the wide world of casual gameplay for you, too! So sit back, relax, and prepare to scrute some images! The fate of the world is in your hands!... well, not really. But if you want to pretend it is, we won't tell anyone.
- Headspin Space Race - Starting things off on a gentle note, Space Race features high production values in return for a rather non-existent difficulty curve. Your task here is to set the pop-up book images to mirror each other as they tell a tale of... well... I don't want to spoil it for you, but there may be some sort of race going on, that may or may not be related to space!
- Isis (Challenge Edition) - This rather moody little gem features wispy artwork straight out of something by the Brother's Grimm. Created to promote a new book, it claims to tell the tale of a young woman who'll do anything to bring a certain someone dear to her back from the dead. We all know how well that always works out. Lovely to look at, Isis unfortunately doesn't manage to spin much of that cryptic narrative within the game itself.
- Butterfly Fantasy - Man, look at that guy. He is so depressed. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that his mouth is sewn shut and he's being held prisoner by some sort of race of goop monsters? Butterfly Fantasy doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but darned if it isn't pretty. Weird. Um. Pretty weird. But also just pretty!
- Clouds 2 - There's something vaguely unsettling about the presentation here, from the shadowy photographic people to the ever-so-slightly off-key music. Unfortunately for those of you expecting a dark tale of fantasy gone wrong in the sky, Clouds 2 is as airy and harmless as you can get without dispensing kittens from the monitor every time you get a difference right.
- Ghost's Revenge - What do you do when you find yourself newly dead and Whoopi Goldberg is unavailable? Why, you tag along with your murderer and exact some crazy forest revenge, that's what! Possibly the most difficult of the lot, Ghost's Revenge also has the most coherent story and some simple, lovely artwork. Now I am completely prepared for the afterlife! Just as soon as I figure out which one of these pixels is a slightly different shade than the other... hmmm.