It's Christmas Eve, a time of wonder and anticipation for child and adult alike. For the children it's the anticipation of Santa coming down the chimney. For the adults, it's the anticipation of a long night of assembling things with directions written in French as translated from the Chinese. It's also the anticipation of being woken up extremely early, facing a long day of unwrapping presents, family fights, and the possibility of a fire sparked by defective lights and fed by a too-dry tree and tons of discarded wrapping paper. But have no fear, this special Link Dump Holiday is here to ease the tension and make the day all better. Well, at least better than it might have been. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this special edition Link Dump filled with something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue, even though that's weddings, not Christmas. And yes, these selections are heavy on the room escapes. That's my bag, baby!
- Grow Ornament - Let's start off with something old. Grow Ornament is a special holiday edition of the wonderful and charming Grow series. It's 5 years old now, so it's time to revisit and enjoy this amazingly sweet little holiday gem.
- Present of Santa 2 - And now for something new, Present of Santa 2 by Minoto. Yet another amusing, surreal point-and-click by the ever popular Minoto. Cats being held up? A strange yellow creature lurking in a refrigerator? Yep, sounds like a Minoto Christmas alright. And hey, no shaving Santa's beard this year!
- Tannenbaum Escape - Okay, so this one isn't borrowed, let's forget that stupid theme anyway. Tannenbaum Escape is a quick little room escape solved by decorating a Tannenbaum, which is German for firetrap. Or Christmas tree, one of those.
- Gift Wrapped - Another old chestnut, this one from the warped minds at Nitrome. Gift Wrapped is an amusing and occasionally frustrating little "find the present" puzzle done up in a festive bow for the holiday season.
- Christmas Escape 1 - From Neutral, one of the best room escape designers out there, came a tradition of creating a "mini-escape" every Christmas. This year, not so much, but travel back in time and enjoy the escaping. And while you're at it check out Christmas Escape 2 and Christmas Escape 3 if you have the time.
- First Love - Two great escape designers, Bianco-Bianco and Robamimi teamed up last year to create this delightful point-and-click game about trying to recreate a magical moment from your past. First love is a great way to feel some warm and fuzzy nostalgia about your youth, even if the actual past wasn't all that great to begin with.
- Frost Bite - Nitrome again, so sue me. Frost Bite is a fantastic platformer from three years ago. Not particularly Christmas Themed, but something that definitely fits into the winter season. And hey, bonus ice cream!
- Colour My Fate - Part of the "Colour My..." series of point-and-click platformers by Silver Stitch, Colour My Fate is a bittersweet and awesome exploration of a world without color and the true meaning of Christmas.